Old brickwork at Oxnead Lock

The decaying brickwork of the Oxnead Lock. According to Edwin Rose (writing in 1993 as part of the Norfolk Archaeological team at Gressenahll) this brickwork was probably built in 1851 when the Mill was refurbished, although it is possible that some parts of the structure may date back to 1775 when the original engineering work on the cut was completed.

1b6ab2cd-ada1-47bf-b079-a6d938eca5c0

This entry was posted in Brampton Blog, information and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.